Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas till now.

Our mini Christmas tree and stockings at home. We didn't do much because were weren't going to be there for Christmas and we didn't want the kids to get into the tree stuff. I love having a home I can decorate. Last year I made a wreath for our door this year I decorated a garland for the kitchen. I love Christmas crafts.


It was a busy end to 2009. Thanks to our families were were able to go visit AZ. I can't believe how much stuff there is to pack with 2 kids. We had our friends the Cadenheads drive us in their big SUV and then Kandi and Mom had to pick us up from the airport. The kids were pretty good on the fight. I realized that there is no way one of us can fly with them alone.

Christmas was fun and we enjoyed getting together with all the cousins. The girls had a Girls Night out and went to Cheesecake Factory then back to Carol's to play Mexican Train. Isabella has a blast with her cousins too. We had a birthday BBQ for mom at Alaenya and Todds house where the kiddos got to spend more time with their cousins. Isaac seems almost as big as Travis. We got a few pictures. Its fun to watch them grow.

We were able to spend New Years in Las Vegas. We had fun visiting and once again the kids got to see their other cousins. We finally got to go the the Vegas temple. It was so fun!! George came with Stanley and I and we did sealing. Later that night we went down town and saw the Bellagio fountains. On New Years day Dan proposed to Devery! They took engagement pictures the next day because Jo was in town. It was a fun and busy week. Over all the trip was wonderful. Isaac and Isabella did get sick for several days but nothing too bad. Thankfully we didn't all get sick.

Isaac worn out from a busy day.
Isabella enjoying Oreganos pizza dough

George, Lucie, Isaac and Isabella
Isabella eating Christmas treats.

Isabella loved opening gifts on Christmas




Cody 4, Whittney 3, Isabella 18months, Travis 7months, Isaac 4months


Isabella and Isaac with their favorite Aunt Kyri

Grandpa and the kiddos

Luci and Robert /Mom and Dad

Since getting back we have had fun getting back together with our friends. We realized how much we love Portland and all the people we met. I felt like we were coming home rather than leaving home. We have made some amazing friends that we think of as family here. It makes me sad to think that in 2 yrs we will have to move again.

An update real quick on Isabella and Isaac. They are both growing so fast. Isabella is learning so much every day. We can almost always understand what she means either by what she is saying or signing or pointing at. She listens to directions really well and understands most everything. She loves her brother so mufh! He weighs almost as much as she does, regardless she still tries to pick him up. She has learned that she can't pick him up but she can roll him. She loves to have him lay on her then roll him over and lay on him and just keep rolling. He usually doesn't mind so I let her do it until he starts to fuss. Isaac is so sweet. He smiles all the time and is so happy and mellow. He is already learning to sip up and his hand coordination is getting better. He says ahgooo and other little baby words. Come times Isabella will go up to him and just start talking. It is so adorable. Through out the day she will come up and ask to hold him. I let her sit down then put him on her lap. She holds him like a doll and talks to him , kisses him and rubs heads with him. Then she is done and pushes him off. hahaha I try to catch him before that happens. Isacc is also great at tummy time. He loves it and will play with toys for a long time. He has rolled over a few times but mostly tries to get up on his knees. We think he will be moving much sooner than Isabella did. We love our kiddos and the little personalities they bring with them.

Stanley is really enjoying school. He finds it interesting and challenging. He is great at managing his time for his family callings and school. Stan was recently called into the Elder's Quorum presidency and I was called as Young Women's personal progress advisor. We are both enjoying our callings.

I have enjoyed making several friends that have kids Isabellas age and we get together about once a week for a playgroup. These ladies are so fun and really keep me sane, especially during Stan's finals.

1 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Isabella is getting so big. I almost didn't recognize her. Hope school is going well!