Saturday, March 15, 2008

Disneyland!



So finally at age 22 I got to go to Disneyland!! It was so much fun. Stanley and I got there just after it opened and left just as it was closing. The tickets we had allowed us to hop over to California Adventures too, so we got to see both. Ofcourse we had to take a picture with Winnie the Pooh because that is how we are decorating the baby's room. Because I a 6 1/2 months pregnant I couldn't go on some of the rides at Disneyland, but we got to do tons of stuff anyway. I don't know what my favorite is... We also got to go on one ride at California Adventures, the soaring over California ride. It was so much fun. We actully went on that one twice. It was nice going on a Monday because there we barley any lines the whole day. We had such a wonderful time and it made us excited to take our kids here someday, but we decided we wanted to wait till they were about 8-10yrs old because then they remember it and it is easier to keep track of them We saw plenty of little kids on leashes! Its hilarious! However there was one lady freaking out because she had lost her son. She kept yelling for her son and running around frantic. We felt so bad for her. As we were walking to go get on a ride or see a show there was this little 3yr old or young boy just standing in the middle of the way saying where my mom? I knelt down and asked if his name was Brandon, because that was the name that lady kept saying. He told me no, so I looked around and there was no one around that looked like he belonged with them. So I asked him again his name and all he said was, " Can't find grandma and where is my mom." It broke my heart to see this poor little boy so scared. So I picked him up and we walked back over to where we had seen the lady last. Stan went up to her while I stood back and he asked if her son was wearing Mickey Mouse Ears. She frantically said yes and then looked my way and saw that I was holding her son. She yelled and ran over and grabbed him out of my hands crying. We just walked away, but I know she was so thankful. It made me realize how important it is to watch little kids like that!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Rushele said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that you finally went to Disneyland!
The last time we went I was about 7 mo. prenant too, so not many rides for me either! But Raegan and Scott had lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

My gosh, that is scary! Haha yeah, never take your small children to Disneyland........ that would terrify me.
Anyway, MAN look at your cute li'l belly bump!! My gosh, I can't believe you're going to have a baby! That is so stinking awesome haha. :)

Jeremy Jo and EmmaLee Tiny said...

Oh I can't imagine how hard that would have been for that mom. I'm so glad you guys decided to take a trip together before the little one gets here. I'm also glad you finally got to go to disney land. Maybe we can take a big family trip when Tiny and Baby Bella Get older.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

How fun!!! I'm so glad that you guys had a good time and were able to help the semi-grateful lady. jk Hey I think I'm pretty open for the baby shower so just let me know for sure when you want to do it and I will schedule my time accordingly. LOVE YA

Shellee said...

Samira, my dear! I have found you at last! I didn't know you had a blog page, I was blog stalking and came across yours! Would you mind if I linked yours to mine? Tell your mom and Kyri that I said Hi! Cute pics too! I love Disneyland and you look so cute all pregs!

brownymama said...

That's the worst! Losing your little one in a crowded place. My friend lost her 5 year old at the Phoenix zoo last week. We were with them and we were both crying. It took 20 minutes to find him. Turns out, he got on the train! (: By the way, you look so cute with your little belly!

Candi said...

I love Disneyland. And by the way I havent got to tell you congrats on your baby to come! I cant believe you guys are going to be parents! hurray!!!
:) you look adorable with your belly

Omega said...

Love your blog. Glad that you had a good time and were willing to help that little boy. It's a scarry world. Glad that Stan made it into medical school. Hopefully you can both surive the long hours. Love ya lots.

Megan said...

hey sami! cute blog! (its ur cousin megan) i miss you we never see each other any more!