Monday, April 28, 2008

Stealing Pictures


This is Stan. I just stole this picture from my sisters website. I hope she doesn't mind, but she still hasn't given us a copy!!! So I consider it to be something along the lines of . . . taking what is our anyway! Isn't my sister a great photographer. You can check out her amazing work at photographybyjo.com! (There now I gave her a plug too and so it is now free adverstising). Anyway, this is a picture from when I asked Samira to marry me! It was great fun. I stole her from work on our year and a half anniversary. She was surprised when I kept driving farther and farther away from work. She was afraid she wouldn't get back in time. Little did she know, she wasn't going back! We changed at a gas station on the way out of town and I took her up to the mountains to a lookout tower we liked to visit. I asked her on top of the tower. Then we came down and my sister and her sister had set up a wonderful lunch for us to eat. They were life savers and even found this beautiful lake to eat by. The place I had originally planned on got rained out. The man that lived across the street was a DJ and serenaded us by pulling out his speakers and turning them on loud enough to hear. Word even got around in the small town and the local newspaper came out to take our picture. Needless to say I swept Samira off her feet and somehow convinced her to marry me!

Stan just found the link to a newspaper article the Payson Roundup wrote about the momentous occasion! http://www.paysonroundup.com/section/localnews/story/24715

8 comments:

Rushele said...

I am so glad that you are posting too!! I asked Scott if he ever would, and I got a generic "I don't know how" answer. I take that to mean that he doesn't care to figure it out, or learn how. Oh, well.
I love your post about sweeping Samira off her feet!! I know you were so patient in waiting for her to decide to get married instead of making you wait an extra 18 months longer. Such a good man!! And congrats on your Med. school! Good luck!!!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Stan that picture is sooo cute! You are such a sweetie :) You guys are too adorable. I wish Jonathan would write on our blog but he refuses... obviously he needs to talk to you!! lol

Megan said...

awe stan so cute! I am glad my cousin married one of my best friends brothers! you guys are so cute together!

Jeremy Jo and EmmaLee Tiny said...

I'm glad she married one of your best friends older brothers too Megan!! Stan thanks for making this post. It makes me feel loved that you look at my blog! Thanks for the free advertising as well. You guys are awesome. I can't wait to take lots of pictures of Baby Bella. She is going to be SOO stinkin cute I already know. I'm going to be an aunt!!

Omega said...

Love your blog. What a wonderful engagement story. Just glad it worked, so I could have such a wonderful daughter-inlaw. Your both the best.

CJ said...

Hey Samira, I'm here! Your blog is so very cute and it sure looks like you and Stan have a happy little life going. I was so happy to run into you today. It feels like you're still one of my young women. I couldn't be prouder of you!

Anonymous said...

I totally love that picture! What a cute story. You sure got an awesome girl!! I love her!! :)

Jenny Lynn said...

that is gorgeous! i love it!