Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby Bella


Friday night we welcomed into the world the most beautiful little girl ever! Isabella Louise Brewer! (Both of Stan's grandma's middle names were Louise). She was born at 5:46 pm and weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 19 inches long.

On Thursday Samira went in for her regular checkup and found out the the baby was breached. That means a c-section. The doctor said we could schedule it for the next Monday or Tuesday, but Samira wanted to have the baby on the weekend so that Stan's parents could come down. The doctor was going out of town, but was very nice and offered to do the c section the next day right after work. So we went in to have the baby Friday night.

The baby is doing great and is very health. Samira is recovering very quickly. We came home Monday afternoon and are super excited to have a family. Thank you everyone who has stopped by to see her, given us gifts, or brought by meals at the hospital or at our house!


All dressed up for surgery


The happy Mommy!


The proud Papa!

13 comments:

Rushele said...

She is absolutely precious!!!
I got to see the pictures Sarah took of her the other night, and I think she is a cutie!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Just make sure to take good care of Samira! She fragile right now, even if she doesn't feel like she is!!

SLO Rober said...

She is adorable! So alert for a new born! Congrats to you both!

Mae said...

(By the way, that last comment was from me, Amanda, from the Ranch. Somehow it was logged on as my sister! So if you're wondering who the SLO Robers are, they're no one you know! Sorry! ~Mae)

Sharon said...

Congrats Samira! I am glad to finally catch up with you guys! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

That baby girl is so beautiful! Many congratulations, you guys!!

EJ said...

What a beautiful little girl! We are so happy for you! Congratulations over and over.
-Elana

Midlife Midwife said...

She is so cute...I'm sure she gets that from her parents.

Photography By Jo said...

Welcome Bella! She is so cute. I love every last one of these pictures. She is so lucky to have such wonderful parents. CONGRATS! I love you guys!

Briann said...

Sami- You look great! The baby is adorable! I found your blog, so hope you don't mind that I'm stopping by! Our little girl Leah is due on July 29th and we can't wait! Congrats again!

Candi said...

I love the pictures, she is so pretty! Just like her mom! awe...
I wish you the best as a FAMILY!!

I love her name!!

CJ said...

Congratulations to all! Little Baby Bella Brewer! It has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it? How absolutely awesome to be such a beautiful little family. My compliments to the oven!

brownymama said...

Yeah! She's beautiful! You know that was Koby's (my oldest) same weight when he was born. So tiny! I love the picture of Mama all "dressed up" for surgery!

Brittany said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats! I just got your email and we live on higley and baseline, so close to you two. We should hang our during the day samira. Once you are feeling up to it. Congrats again!