Ok I am trying to get Isabella on a schedule to where she eats, plays for a while then goes to sleep when I put her in her bed. It works pretty well during the day, but tonight is the first night that I have just let her cry in her crib to go to sleep. It's so hard to hear her little cry, but hopefully she will learn to put herself to sleep and in the long run life will be easier. I don't know, I wish there was a manual that told how long to let them cry... I am sure this is just one of many things I wish there was a manual for.
The miracles in my life!
-
OK I am finally ready to write about what I have been dealing with in the
back ground over here. ha ha ha ha Some of you may have heard my rantings
over th...
8 years ago

11 comments:
I hear ya!!!
It is so hard to hear your sweet little baby crying!
But, if you can hold out for a little while until she learns to put herself to sleep ( as long as she doesn't cry too long, or get too upset) then it's totally worth it in the end!!!
It's so nice to be able to put Sophie in her bed and know that even if she doesn't fall asleep right away, she will very soon, and on her own!
Its way cute to read about your mommy experiences. Jo had a post about the same thing, it sounds hard!
This is a hard time, but so worth it in the long run. What you need to do is let her cry for 5 minutes, then go pat her on the tummy, tell her that you love her. Then wait 6 minutes and keep extending it a minute at a time.
It might take a while, but she will calm down eventually.
My kids are all dead sleepers, and this trains them to be.
Also, try some sort of white noise. Hayden can't sleep without it.
you figured it out! by yourself?
If you are looking for a "sleep manual," try "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. It worked for both of our kids, and its basically the same principle as what Shellee said in your comments. I highly recommend this one. Try it, it will be worth it!
It sounds like you guys are having fun with your sweet baby girl!!!
~Lacie Passey
Yay!!! You figured out the Shabby princess stuff! Very Cute!!! I almost did these papers for Sarah's when I re-did it for her, but she also liked the ones that I ended up doing, so I went a little different for her.
I love yours!!
Yep, babies do cry . . . and sometimes Mommies do too. It's alright. Congratulations on your baby girl! She's so cute!
Your such a cute mommy!
You are going to have to help me with my blog. The new look is SOOOO cute! I totally love it!!!
Love your blog. You are plenty wise and will make the right decisions. The Lord will help with whatever you don't know. Sometimes well meaning advice just makes it harder. Love you lots.
Oh man.. they joys of motherhood. Its so fun, you take the good with the bad (and by bad I mean no sleep and lots of poop)
And by the way, your blog looks AWESOME!!! Its so cute! I'm glad you figured it out... and glad I could help :)
Post a Comment