Saturday, October 25, 2008

Alright so I feel like I have been slacking lately. I have only posted pictures but not really said much about our lives. The truth is, I don't feel like we have much going on. Nothing big and exciting has happened so we are just plugging along with daily life. Here is a quick run down of our everyday.

**Read at your own risk this could be very boring**

Stan usually wakes up and studies in the morning while he eats breakfast then he goes to school by 7:30am. He is at school all day and comes home for 1 1/2hrs at 5pm to eat dinner and spend some time with us, then goes back to school to study by 6:30pm and studies till 10pm. So basically Isabella and I get to be best buds all day and find things to fill up our days. It is so fun to watch Isabella grow and get her own personality. She keeps me busy and laughing each day. We usually go walking in the mornings and then if I am feeling up to it I will clean the house. We find all sorts of things to do the rest of the day until about 4pm, when I make dinner for Stan. (ok so dinner isn't usually ready right at 5pm but I am not perfect at least I make dinner most nights right??) After Stan leaves again Isabella gets some play time and then a bath and bedtime by about 8:30pm. When Stan comes home we read scriptures get ready for bed then crash by 10:30-11pm. Sometimes I feel like we live totally separate lives...well I guess we kind of do. haha We try really hard to make time for each other on Sunday and one other evening during the week. I usually need a break from Isabella by Sunday (don't get me wrong I love her to death but being a "single parent" most days wears on you) Kudos to all you single parents out there! Anyway so that's what we are up to most days.

7 comments:

Kristina Rich said...

You can always come to our playgroup!!! It would be good "out" time and she will probably be entertained by the kids. I couldn't imagine doing what you do. You are a wonderful and supportive wife. Be happy, though, that he gets this out of the way now, instead of when you have a few kids, RIGHT??? Many props from us though!

Omega said...

Thanks for sharing your day. Stan is so lucky to have such a wonderful wife to support him. It must be incredibly difficult to feel like a single parent. I remember mom feeling that way a lot when I was going through school. It was hard knowing how difficulty she was having feeling like a single parent. I wanted so much to change it but didn’t know how. Hang in there and remember that we all love you and think you are wonderful.

Midlife Midwife said...

Certainly not boring! Just wish I could be closer and spend some time with you and Isabella. I know how hard that "single parent" thing is, but it is worth it. Hang in there.

Jennifer said...

You said it perfectly! I feel ya on the whole "single parent" thing! Trust me, with 4 little girls this has definitely been the hardest thing we have ever done! On the other hand, it's a good thing that my kids keep me busy because it makes time go by faster! We just have to remember that it will all be worth it in the end!

Michele said...

That sounds very much like our lives! haha. Lately, I've been feeling the same way. It is hard but we do what we have to to get our husbands through school.

Rushele said...

I hear ya with the "single parent" thing!!
A lot of times that is how it feels with Scott being on the night shift and sleeping when we're up doing things, and being pretty much the only one to ever get up with kids.
He does his part, but it is definitely different being the stay-at-home parent than it is the "working" parent. We NEVER get a break from our job!!!
Can't wait til you take your class this week, then we can play bow making together!!!

Photography By Jo said...

If you need something to do you should come visit me!!! I need some company!