Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bread, Bread Bread!!

Stan's aunt Cathy make the yummiest whole wheat rolls, bread, you name it and she is good at making it.  I asked her how she does and and says the easiest way is using her bread maching.  She said she could teach me but it would be easier if I had one, well we didn't have money to buy a bread machine so I didn't think about it much for a while.  Then I got a wheat grinder for Christmas from my mother in law (thank you!!)  It made us so excited because now we can acutually use some of the wheat that we have.  So Stan and I decided to start looking on Craigs list for one.  However that same night Cathy called and asked if I still wanted a Bread Machine.  It was perfect timing!!  Someone had given her one, but since she already had one she gave it to me.  YEAH!!  I am so excited to use it.  Thanks so much Mom and aunt Cathy!!



I will update you on how my bread turns out.

10 comments:

Kristina Rich said...

I have an interesting realationship with bread. Sometimes it comes out perfect, and then the next thing I know its terrible. I do the same thing every time. Bread is definitely something to master. That's great that you have an aunt to teach you. Happy Baking

Rushele said...

I hear that the bread machines really are a lifesaver for those bread makers out there!
Hope you enjoy it!!
I should really buckle down and start trying out bread recipes of my own, I LOVE homemade bread! I just never take the time to do it myself.

Unknown said...

Hey how are you! You have such a cute family and your little girl is so cute.

Shellee said...

I love, love, love my wheat grinder. The funnest part is reading what else you can grind in it.
Have fun with it and don't be afraid to try tons of recipes!

Molly said...

I am so envious. I have a vita mix that I can grind wheat in but it takes forever to do small amounts and I always worry about overheating it! lucky you!

Jason and Britney said...

Stan! I am so glad that you have a blog! I like to find people on facebook, and then check them out on their blogs, "BLOG STALKING"! What a CUTE FAMILY! I've never even met your wife and you already have 1 1/4 kids! I guess that is what not talking to someone for 6 or so years can do. Congrats! I'll be a regular blog checker from now on, you do a great job on it Samira!
Britney

Jaron & Abby said...

Oh sorry I didn't realize that I posted under my husbands name (Jaron). So just to let you know if you didn't that was me.

Photography By Jo said...

I'm excited for you! I'm going to have to get one soon too!

Michele said...

Hey! How did your bread turn out? I've never used the machine but I'm sure it would save a lot of time. Did it work well?

Omega said...

Not much better than fresh home made bread. Hope you enjoy it.