Aug 3-9, 2009
This week has been a great week for being outside. The weather is finally normal for Portland. We have had days in the low 80's and 70's. We keep saying how nice it is to have a break from school while the weather is so nice. Monday I had a doctors appointment and they said everything looked good. Isabella had a hard time though, when they started taking my blood pressure and measuring my stomach she started to freak out. She was crying and just wanted me to hold her. The doctor said that is normal because they think something is hurting the mom. I felt bad for Isabella. She wasn't comfortable till we left the doctors office. After that we ran errands to get more stuff for the house. Stanley put all our pictures up and got me a piano stand for my electric piano. Its so nice to have the house looking like our home again. I love to sit down and just play the piano. I need some serious practice.
Tuesday we met up with Stan's friends Elana and Jason and went on a picnic to the Rose Gardens. We just sat in the grass and ate our lunch surrounded by thousands or roses. Then we walked all around the garden and could smell all the different kinds of roses. It is so beautiful here! I would have taken lots of pictures but my camera broke and the new one didn't come till wed. On Wednesday we went to Kelly Point Park. It is a beautiful forest park where the Columbia and Willamette River meet. Thursday we walked from our house to "Down Town" St Johns. Its about a mile. We looked at different shops and ate lunch and stopped at a bakery where Stan got a delicious pastry. Saturday was a busy day. We got up and cleaned the house a little bit, went and looked at garage sales. We were looking for a lawn mower and lawn tools for dirt cheap. We were able to find a lawn mower for $35 so we were glad. We also stopped at Cathedral park another park on Willamette. We stopped by the farmers market and saw all the great fresh produce, but didn't buy anything. When we got home Isabella "helped" Dad with the yard. He was raking some rocks off the grass and she would throw them back. Then he mowed the little yard. We were so excited to have our grass long enough to mow. Then we met up with Stan's friend Ben and his wife and daughter that is Isabella's age and went to a festival. We watched a band play that Ben knew and went to school with. Sunday church was good. Stan got called to teach Priesthood 2x a month. I am glad they are holding off on the callings for me so far. I am still pregnant but really hoping to have the baby this coming week. I can always hope right...?
3 comments:
Oh!! The Rose Gardens are beautiful!
I remember going to them too. How fun for your family!
Good job on finding a cheap lawn mower!! Hope it works for you for a LONG time!
Sounds like such beautiful weather and such fun times! I'm so jealous you get to live somewhere pretty and cool!!!!
LOL... oh Samira you're funny. But it is true. Rushele is very quick. Glad you enjoyed the post. I'm excited for my new goals.
Post a Comment