Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Week

August 10-16, 2009

Monday a lady from my ward invited me to make jam at her house. Blackberries grow like weeds here so she had her husband go pick about 3 gallons and we made lots of jam. It was so fun. I learned how to make jam, so hopefully in the future when I get the equipment we can make some of our own. This lady said I could help her bottle pears and other fruit. She gave me several jars of the jam and a bunch of blackberries. I came home and made blackberry pie. The crust wasn't my favorite but Stan loves the pie so it was a success.







Again we went to several parks this week and took lots of walks. The weather has been so nice!! The high in the 60's and 70's. We actually had our first rainy days. Several days were overcast with rain. We loved it! It would clear up for a few hours and we would take advantage of the sunshine and go for walks. Our grass is growing like crazy, its fun to go out in our yard and see lots of green grass.
My doctors appointment went well this week she said I could go anytime. As we see however I still haven't had this baby. He is due next Sunday so hopefully I will have more exciting news before the week is out.

We had Laina our Landlord over for "afternoon tea." We told her we only drank herbal tea so she brought over a whole array of herbal teas. We tried the mint while we showed her around the house and yard. She loves this house and was glad we invited her to come see what we had done with it. She is so nice.

Our front yard is also growing like crazy. We have 5 rose bushes and several other kinds of flowers. Stan clipped the flowers back and we had enough flowers to do flower arrangements in 2 vases. Its so nice having fresh flowers from our yard.




Downtown Portland has a market on Saturdays where tons of vendors come and show their art, clothes, crafts, talents and food. We walked all over and enjoyed seeing the different booths. Isabella loved to watch all the people and their dogs.

Isabella is learning so much. She points to different body parts and is learning to obey, she is also testing us with trying to disobey. Several days this week Stanley got Isabella laughing so hard. She gets in these moods and laughs so hard she literally almost falls over. It is so cute to hear a laugh so much. She is Stan's little buddy. Today when she got down from the high chair she knew Dad was up stairs so she went to the gate and started yelling DADA DaaaaaDaa. She also loves to just cuddle when she first wakes up. We are enjoying this new side of her because she usually isn't one to cuddle. Sometimes when she is just sitting on my lap she will rub and pat my belly like she knows her brother is there. Hopefully soon she will get to see him.

5 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

What a nice neighbor!! I need to get me some like that. :) Maybe I just need to teach myself to be more domestic. The roses are gorgeous!! I would love to just pick flowers out of my yard to beautify my house. Sounds like Portland is going to be great! RAIN!!! Ahhhh You need to tell that little guy that it's time to come out...

Kellen and Erin said...

Love that you have flowers growing in your yard!! Aren't these Northwest cities beautiful?! It looks like you guys are really enjoying Portland-I'm excited to come visit!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like things are going great! I will, however, say that I am quite jealous of the weather you're having!

And good luck with your little boy! I hope you don't go overdue.

gina marie said...

Wow. I can't believe it's August and the high's are 60-70. HUGE adjustment from AZ, but it sounds like you're handling it well. Glad to hear it! When life gives you rain, wake up and smell the roses!

Rushele said...

Again, I am super jealous that you get to finish out your pregnancy in a state that is so beautiful and cool! I really wish that it wasn't so blasted hot and ugly here!!
I'm so glad that you guys are meeting new people, learning new things and enjoying yourselves in your new home!
Good luck this week, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Only 6 more days for me....kinda freaking out a little!! :)