Monday, August 31, 2009

Welcome Isaac Stanely Brewer

So I know I have been lazy about posting pictures but I have a good excuse. Isaac Stanley Brewer was born Tuesday August 25th. He was 9lbs7oz and 22 1/2 inches. I had another c-section because my body wasn't progressing into labor. I was just glad to have him here and not be pregnant anymore. The c-section went really well. The doctor that did it was amazing. I was in much less pain and able to move around tons faster than with Isabella. I am healing fine and so glad!


Stan was able to be in the OR with me, which really made me feel better. It just calms me to have him there. We took our camera and have lots of pictures of Isaac's first few minutes here. He is such a sweet baby. He loves to cuddle and be held, which is totally different from Isabella. In the hospital we both took turns sleeping with him in our arms because we just loved to hold him.

Isaac had jaundice pretty bad. We had to stay an extra day in the hosptal so that he could be under the phototherapy lights. He is doing much better and the jaundice is almost gone. We loving having him home, and being able to spend time with Isabella again. So many people helped us out with Isabella while we were in the hospital for 4 days. Thanks Ben and Melaine, and Elana, and Heather. You guys were truly a blessing from the Lord. Isabella was in great hands and that made everything easier for me because I knew she was well taken care of. This week my mom is visiting to help take care of us. It is nice to have help especially with Stan starting school. This will be an iteresting year but we are so excited. I just love having a little girl and little boy. Isabella loves her brother so much. She loves to hug him and kiss him and lay her head on him. She shares her food and toys with him too....not always so good. We have to watch her close. I can't wait till they can play together!

3 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Yay for baby Isaac! So glad mommy and baby are doing so well and that you have lots of sweet people to help you!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I just realized that Stanley's aunt Kathy works at my OB/GYN's office. She tol me the good news. He is a big baby! I love his cheeks! It is fun to have both a son and a daughter. Love all the pictures!

Rushele said...

Wow, he was a big one! My babies never got that big. Elysse was our biggest at 7lbs 12.5 oz 20.5 in long.
I'm so glad to hear that recovery is going well!!! It really does make all the difference doesn't it?! Mine seems to be going much better than the previous 2 as well. And Elysse is such a wonderful baby! She also loves to be cuddled.
Love Isabella's pigtails, and have to say I'm a bit jealous that you can do that with her hair. Sophie is still barely getting any hair at all!!